Tuesday, October 1, 2019

I’m Falling for You Scones

Fall is here! šŸšŸ‚šŸŒ»

And she brought along her friends sneezy and cough-ie. šŸ¤­
Regardless, I am in love with this season! Plus it gave me a reason to indulge in a little citrus fun as Oranges are also in season. Fun fact: Eating fruits that are in season helps arm the body for changes in that season. Similar to how eating local honey helps with seasonal allergies. (Whey the honey at!!! šŸ˜œ) 
Today’s baked goods were Orange Scones. I usually make Orange Cranberry scones around the Holidays, (Thanksgiving and Christmas) but wasn’t in the mood for cranberries.
 I used 2 different recipes for this scone.
  • I didn’t want the scone recipe but I liked the icing recipe.
  • I only had whole cream so I used the Orange Cranberry recipe and just left out the cranberries.

I love making scones because you can grab the ingredients right out of the refrigerator and mix. Also, no rest time necessary. Quick and simple. 

And here’s the icing recipe: https://www.alattefood.com/orange-cream-scones/

As for the icing, I was out of confectionary sugar
Dreading running to the store at 9:25pm, my husband was convinced that my Mother in Law made icing from ordinary grandulated sugar. After calling her at about 9:30pm to ask, turns out he was mistaken BUT it did encourage me to run to Google. šŸ˜ 
Found out all I had to do was blend regular sugar and voila! Powdered sugar. (Add cornstarch if you want to avoid clumping or store for another time.

I used my magic bullet to get the job done ✅ 
Felt like win to me!
So tasty! The orange in the scone and in the icing is so refreshing and not at all over powering.  I love how the icing compliments the scone and is just the right amount of sweet.

For this week,
that's my treat,
 Now let’s eat!

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretzels!

I started this blog on the advice of my Mother in law. I started baking after I had my first little and spent a year at home with her. So I ...