Thursday, October 10, 2019

Pumpkins On My Mind

Last year's Fall Festival
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies popped into my head as the "must have" cookie this week.  I think these cookies were manifested from my search for Fall events.  This week and last I have been looking for Fall Festival type events in neighboring cities while impatiently waiting for my city's Fall Festival.  Last year we had such a great time! Keep in mind I was pregnant yet I enjoyed hours of outdoor fun in Florida's Fall weather with a 3 yr old.  That alone should tell you quite a bit about this festival.  I am definitely hyped for this years' event.

Anyway, back to cookie talk.
Lately I have thought about new spins on traditional cookies but was truly surprised by this one.  Didn't think it would be as good as I imagined but it was.
I added cream cheese frosting because my daughter suggested we bake a cheesecake for my husband's birthday so cream cheese was on the brain.  And I must say it was a wonderful compliment to these cookies.
You can find the cookie recipe here: https://www.wineandglue.com/pumpkin-sugar-cookies/
And for the cream cheese frosting I used Allrecipes.com.

Once again, I did things a little different. I used fresh pumpkin boiled then blended in my trusty magic bullet. I used a little less than required but I don't think it made much difference.  The container you see with the puree is a 4 oz size but it's not full.

Do keep in mind that pumpkin has a lot of water naturally so your cookie dough may be a bit moist, (which makes for a moist cookie!) I was hoping for dough I could roll out hence the cookie cutters.  BUT I added flour at the end and made that sucker work for me. 😁

One of the best things about having a 4 yr old helper is her willingness to help and eagerness to try new things. Children will encourage (and sometimes demand) creative expression.

Didn't photograph our cookie cutting and shaping but I did capture the universal feeling of waiting for cookies to bake. 🤣

And here they are!  
We colored some of our frosting for a truly pumpkin looking cookie.
Peep the background artwork. 😎

 I know her pumpkin looks like an apple pumpkin hybrid but it's actually a rainbow pumpkin that I captured before its transformation.  Maybe she's on to something.

She's enjoying the cookie she cut out and frosted.
And don't worry about an overwhelming pumpkin flavor, it's just a tasty cookie.  
Confession:She ate 5 yesterday. 

That's our sweet treat,
Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretzels!

I started this blog on the advice of my Mother in law. I started baking after I had my first little and spent a year at home with her. So I ...