Saturday, October 19, 2019

Twice the Celebration

This week was a busy week.  We baked twice because our family celebrated 2 birthdays.  On Monday we baked Peanut Butter Cookies for the peanut butter lover and on Thursday night we baked a pound cake for the hard working man of our life. ♥️

I love love love this PB cookie recipe!  It is soooo good!  It satisfies your peanut butter craving.  I have a hard time saying no to just one. πŸͺ πŸͺ πŸͺ (accurate depiction of my serving portion 🀦🏾‍♀️) 
And it is, once again, a very easy recipe. The bloggers' recipe I used is so good at explaining the whys of baking.  She explains that the eggs and butter must be at room temperature so that the ingredients emulsify.  Little things like that make a huge difference in the consistency of your cookie so take your time and read through this one.
And you're welcome! Because I know you will be thanking me for this recipe.πŸ˜‰

Simple yet important task
This was ONLY butter & sugar
Had to get a bigger bowl 
Now for this pound cake.  Man oh man! The birthday boy was very excited about this cake.  And my Little was beyond excited to participate as this cake was especially for her Daddy.  This was my first time making a pound cake and I was more than willing to try because I got the opportunity to buy a bundt cake pan.  Although I bake often, I tend to just make do with what I have.  Blogging and Baking is leading to lots of new baking equipment. πŸ’ƒπŸΎ 

Pound Cake recipe here: https://sugarspunrun.com/best-pound-cake-recipe/ 

Cake Batter in the Bundt Pan
Heavy!!!
Baking with your Little is challenging but simple tasks like greasing the pan will keep them busy for a while. I also let her hold the mixer and pour ingredients in the bowl.  My girl is a pro now so she has graduated to decorating cookies.  
Yum!
The highlight of my early baking days was "licking the bowl" of cake batter.  My mother would say, "who wants to lick the bowl?" Growing up with siblings meant sharing the bowl or choosing the spoon over the bowl. A great tradition I am glad to pass on. 
😊
I am SO glad this cake turned out great.  It was definitely a labor of love.  And it was enjoyed as much as it was appreciated.
Cake with Glaze
Till next time,
LET'S EAT!!! 
D.






1 comment:

Pretzels!

I started this blog on the advice of my Mother in law. I started baking after I had my first little and spent a year at home with her. So I ...