Thursday, October 24, 2019

Pizza for you. Pizza for me.

Hey there everyone! This week is all about pizza.  I love pizza! Like serious heart eyes emoji about pizza.  😍🍕
That wonderful Italian creation is a true gift to the world.  Almost every week I order from my favorite neighborhood pizza place, (perfectly named) My Pizza Place.  Now I can't say whether these pizza makers are Italian but they sure know how to get my pizza right.  Quick anecdote about them before I move on to the actual pizza making. My husband and I were in search of local pizza place years ago when we stumbled upon this one with a great carry out deal: Large one topping pizza for $6.99. Hubbie is a big advocate of supporting local businesses. Anyway, we used trusty ole Google and found this one less than a mile away from where we used to live.  We get to the spot and we pause.  In bright neon lights, XXX. We thought Google messed up for second but next door sat what eventually became our go to pizza place.  The pizza was so good I didn't care where it was located. It was a well lit thanks to their neighbor. I called them XXX pizza for the longest.  😂 They eventually moved to a bigger location and made a few upgrades. Still great tasting pizza.  And I no longer call them triple X pizza.  They are My Pizza Place. 😊


Ok, now on to my homemade pizza.  My pizza spot still has great carry out deals and they use fresh, great tasting ingredients but every now and again I like to make things at home.  
I made my own dough using Bobby Flay's recipe from Food Network
 Really simple.  
Sometimes I buy dough from the grocery store so it eliminates one step.
I remember the first time my mother, brothers, and I made pizza. My mother got really inventive with the extra dough and made pizza pockets.  It was so good with cheese spilling out of each end.  I know that sounds like a fail but not to crispy cheese lovers. That was a deliciously crispy accident. 😋
My little and I made 2 pizzas, no pockets.  Our mini veggie pizza had light pesto sauce, tomato basil feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, spinach, pineapple, and a sprinkle of mozzarella.

The other pizza was pepperoni and pineapple.  Yes, we love pineapple on our pizza. 😎 Tomato basil sauce, mozzarella, Colby jack, pepperoni, pineapple, and dried basil. Fresh basil would be amazing too.

Only part had basil because Little miss doesn't like "spice" on her food.
I would suggest getting pepperoni from your grocery deli.  You can control the thickness of your pepperoni slices.
I did not capture more of the process because we were hands deep in the ingredients. But overall, homemade pizza is really easy and a great family activity.  (As is eating it too. 😉)


Till next time,
Savory not Sweet,
It's time to eat!
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretzels!

I started this blog on the advice of my Mother in law. I started baking after I had my first little and spent a year at home with her. So I ...